SECURITY AND CONSENT NOTICES
(as per AFI 33-219)
This is a Department of Defense computer system. This computer system, including all related equipment, networks, and network devices (specifically including Internet access) are provided only for authorized U.S. Government use. DoD computer systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including; ensuring authorized use, managing the system, facilitating protection against unauthorized access, and to verifing security procedures, survivability, and operational security. Monitoring includes active attacks by authorized DoD entities to test or verify the security of this system. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied, and used for authorized purposes. All information, including personal information, placed on or sent over this system may be monitored. Use of this DoD computer system, authorized or unauthorized, constitutes consent to monitoring of this system. Unauthorized use may subject you to criminal prosecution. Evidence of unauthorized use collected during monitoring may be used for administrative, criminal, or other adverse action. Use of this system constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.
(as per AFI 33-129)
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and morale, welfare, and recreation sites, the U.S. Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
Privacy and Security Notice
(as per AFI 33-129)
1. Air Force Services Agency Website is provided as a public service by HQ AFSVA.
2. Information presented on Air Force Services Agency Website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
3. Information concerning visitors’, use of this site is collected for analytical and statistical purposes, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
4. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
5. Raw data logs will only be used to identify individual users and their usage habits for authorized law enforcement investigations or national security purposes. These logs are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration Guidelines.
6. Unauthorized attempts to deny service, upload information, change information, or to attempt to access a non-public site from this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under Title 18 of the U.S. Code to include the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
7. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to Contact.
|Sample Collected Information-
xxx.yyy.com – – [28/Jan/1997:00:00:01 -0500] “GET /AFServices/news/nr012797.html
HTTP/1.0” 200 16704 Mozilla 3.0/http://www.altavista.digital.com
|xxx.yyy.com (or 188.8.131.52) — this is the host name (or IP address) associated with the requester (you as the visitor). In this case, (.com) the requester is coming from a commercial address. Depending on the requester’s method of network connection, the host name (or IP address) may or may not identify a specific computer. Connections via many Internet ServiceProviders assign different IP addresses for each session, so the host name identifies only the ISP. The host name (or IP address) will identify a specific computer if that computer has a fixed IP address.|
|[28/Jan/1997:00:00:01 -0500] — this is the date and time of the request “GET /AFServices/news/nr012797.html HTTP/1.0” — this is the location of the requested file on Air Force Services Agency web site(s).|
|200 — this is the status code – 200 is OK – the request was filled.|
|16704 — this is the size of the requested file in bytes.|
|Mozilla 3.0 — this identifies the type of browser software used to access the page, which indicates what design parameters to use in constructing the pages.|
|http://www.altavista.digital.com – this indicates the last site the person visited, which indicates how people find Air Force Services Agency web site(s).|
|Requests for other types of documents use similar information. No personally-identifying information is collected.|